Get In Touch With Us

Send your enquiry and we will get back within 24 hours!

Frequently Asked Questions

Everything you need to know before applying to teach in China!

1. Do I have to pay to apply with Panda Buddy?

Panda Buddy’s recruitment service is free for all applicants, we will get in touch with qualified applicants within 1 business day and discuss opportunities and next steps.

2. How long will I be teaching in China for? Do you have any summer jobs?

The teaching position will be 9 – 12 months depending on which city program you choose. We don’t have short-term program that’s below 9 months.

3. How does the Panda Buddy application process work?

Our process is easy and transparent, there are mainly four steps: Application → Exploration Call → Interview/Video → Preparation. After receiving your application, we will arrange an exploration call with qualified applicants. Then an interview will be arranged with the direct employer (or could be an self-introduction video), if the applicant is passed and an contract is issued, we will assist you in obtaining the visa to come to China.

4. How soon can I start working and living in China?

After signing the contract, expect around one to two months to obtain your working visa to come to China. If you want to come as early as possible, you can come on a tourist visa while continuing the working visa process.

5. What are the requirements for teaching English in China?

The requirements vary depending on the programs. The ideal applicant would be native English speaker with a university degree/or non-native speakers with a degree from English-speaking countries, a passion for education is desired. There are also opportunities for people without a degree, however, we need to see your CV to find out if you are a good fit.

6. What are the benefits and salaries I can expect from teaching English in China?

Too many benefits. You’ll be able to work and live in one of the fastest growing economies, experiencing one of the oldest cultures and the most amazing food. Besides all that, teaching positions in China provides you sufficient finance (RMB 8,000 – RMB 15,000 per month plus accommodation allowances) to have a comfortable living, some can even have decent savings from working in China meanwhile enjoying life there.

7. Do I need a TEFL certificate?

Yes. Some of our programs provide free TEFL certificates to help eligible applicants to obtain TEFL without worrying about course finance.

8. What documents will I need to obtain a working visa?

You will need your Bachelor degree certificate, non-criminal check, health check, TEFL certificate. The first two documents need to get authenticated by the Chinese embassy at your country.

9. What if I have a question that isn’t listed here?

Please get in touch with us here for any questions related to teaching in china that are not listed here.